**** DONE: 1/48 F-101B Voodoo – The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glad to hear those decals seem to be holding out. Those stylized lightnings on the Canadian rig though.....

Yep Andy, been looking at those and figure to apply them in smaller more manageable pieces and I also figure they should be the first of the decals to be applied. We will see.

Thanks for looking in folks, and for all the kind words.

Have been fiddling with the idea of adding piping to the wheel bay, this machine has a spiders web of them. Found it was quite a task with so much other stuff in there, most of my ideas failed miserably. But I was doggedly determined to put something in there just for the sheer hell of it. Ended up with this which though looking quite rough, should with a coat of paint and some fiddly highlighting, not look so bad. The proof will be in the pudding though and let's face it, who's going to see it.

20150627 a.jpg

20150627 b.jpg

20150627 c.jpg

20150627 d.jpg

20150627 e.jpg

Other than that, have got the two fuselage halves together, and in the process of cleaning the seams up. Hope to get a bit of spraying in within the next couple of days.

Looks good Vic. Off all the wheel wells I've seen, the -101 has to be one of the busiest. It's nice to give the added detail it's few moments in the sun before it's lost.

Geo

Thanks for the support guys, but I reckoned that wiring was the pits even after painting, so I've ripped it out. I've only been popping paint on bits these last couple days, so nothing worth showing. Maybe have something tomorrow!

Shame Vic, the wiring/plumbing looked OK on my screen. But then, you're the one who can see it 'for real', so no doubt it'll be even better when you've done it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back