**** DONE: 1/48 F-94B Starfire – Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys :)

I put in a few late night ours in over the last couple of days and manged to finish up the cockpit tub

Pictures 1 2 The tub with seats installed after dark washes, detail painting and paint chipping. The red warning labels on the head rests were masked with Tamiya tape and painted.
Picture 3 The finished pilots control panel.
Picture 4 The radar operators panel and scope
Pictures 5 6 The whole thing put together

P3208156.JPG
P3208158.JPG
P3208161.JPG
P3208163.JPG
P3208164.JPG
P3208167.JPG

Last edited:
Been working on it and have managed to make it fit. I'm now working on the jet inlets and should have pictures of the inlets and a temp fit-up of all the major components tonight.

Latest update pictures:
Picture 1 A shot of the intake on the real thing I took a couple of weeks ago at the AFM
Picture 2 The intake out of the box. Rather clunky and un-aerodynamic looking
Picture 3 The intake after some work thinning the walls out with a needle file. Much improved but still in need of some filler at the separator plate
Picture 4 The test fitting of the major components after some work making the cockpit fit. Looks like it should work out Ok now

P2166875.JPG
P3228174.JPG
P3228175.JPG
P3238176.JPG

Last edited:
Good work Glenn and by chance I was just reading an article on this subject of thinning out areas to make them look more like the real thing, time consuming but in an area where your looking, well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back