**** DONE: 1/48 F-94B Starfire – Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, but I was not completely happy with the intakes yet.

Picture 1 Now I'm happy with the intakes. The separator plate was thinned down, and thick CA was used as filler run along the top and bottom of the separator plate and filed with a rat tail file to blend it in with the inside of the intake. I then sanded it from 400 to 1200 grit and hit it with a shot of light gray to see if I missed anything.
Picture 2 The jet exhaust tube and the opening for it in the rear fuselage looked just as chunky as the intakes (although I didn't take a before pic) so I thinned them down too.
Picture 3 The balance test showed that it was defiantly a tail sitter.
Picture 4 Placed a chunk of lead on the nose to see how much it would take.
Picture 5 The lead and cockpit tub glued in. I had thought I had fixed the cockpit fit problem but I was wrong. It took the better part of an hour struggling with it before I was happy with the way it lined up.
Picture 6 The fuselage and wing halves glued up although the wings are only dry fitted to the fuselage. That joint looks like it's going to be pretty good.

I'm going to let the glue harden on this one for at least a week before I go any further with it, so I guess I'll get back to the P-47 for a while.

P3248177.JPG
P3248180.JPG
P3248178.JPG
P3248179.JPG
P3248181.JPG
P3248182.JPG

Last edited:
Woo I love that intake :) The glue doesn't need to harden that much (ie we can't wait that long for another update! :D) Looking great :)

looking great so far, nice job glenn, i love this aircraft but i dont, looking before buy it so far.

Woo I love that intake :) The glue doesn't need to harden that much (ie we can't wait that long for another update! :D) Looking great :)
Sorry, but I used tube glue for the fuselage joint for strength and if I sand and polish it too soon sink marks will show through the silver finish. I do have some of the smaller bits such as gear wells, drop tanks, canopy, and landing gear that I guess I can work on in the mean time.

looking great so far, nice job glenn, i love this aircraft but i dont, looking before buy it so far.
I happened to find this kit on eBay a few months ago. I just looked through the Hobby Craft kits there a couple of days ago and know there isn't one available now, but if you keep checking, or do a saved search, I'm sure one will turn up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back