**** DONE: 1/48 Focke-Wulf Fw190 A-3 8./JG2 "Black 13" - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks heaps CR, Vic, Wayne, Gerry, T, Pete, Gnomey and Glen

Here's progress so far this week.

Pic 1 2
For this build, I decided to try using a pencil to highlight the panel lines top and bottom, instead of the wash method I use normally. Here's the result top and bottom. I followed this up with an overall coat of gloss using the Micro Sol product.

Pic 3,4 5
With everything looking shiny, it was time to slap on the decals. These are all straight from the Tamiya decal sheet and went down very nicely. The eagles were a bit fiddly with the exhaust to get around, but with heaps of softener, it all worked out.

More shortly.

Cheers 8)

Peter

Attachments

• pencil 001 resized.jpg
    pencil 001 resized.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 137
  • pencil 002 resized.jpg
    pencil 002 resized.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 141
  • decals 003 resized.jpg
    decals 003 resized.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 137
  • decals 001 resized.jpg
    decals 001 resized.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 141
  • decals 002 resized.jpg
    decals 002 resized.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 129
Cheers Guys, appreciated

Where am I at now?

Well I have sprayed the inside of the flap bays RLM02 in preparation for installation of the flaps (pic 1)
Painted and detailed the wheels (True Details - a bit too bulging perhaps), gear doors, and legs. I've added brake lines to the legs also (pic2)
The outside was treated to a coat of Microscale Matt after some light exhaust and gun stains (pic3)
Finally, the brass gun barrels and pitot tube have been installed. I haven't painted the pitot as yet. (pic 4)

Home stretch now guys. A few details to finish off paint wise, a bit more weathering tomorrow and perhaps all done this weekend. I'll need to pry the canopy off and finish the armour back rest, shoulder harnesses and antenna wire and the access ladder also.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• paint 020 resized.jpg
    paint 020 resized.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 121
  • paint 017 resized.jpg
    paint 017 resized.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 102
  • paint 018 resized.jpg
    paint 018 resized.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 98