**** DONE: 1/32 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8, Blau 4, JG 5 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
Name: Cory
Category: Beginner
Model: Fw 190A-8
Scale: 1:32
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Aftermarket addons: Eagle Editions decals, and maybe some seatbelts that came with the Trumpeter Me 262.

I'm back guys! After a substantial break from GBs due to weather, and lack of appropriate kits (saw an AM IL-2 yesterday though that I wish I had seen a few months back!), I'm back at it! This is my first, and possibly my only, entry into this build. I may enter a 1/48 D-9 with a resin engine set, but I still have to finish a couple models and I'm itching to start my F-14 so we'll see how that goes.

The subject is a Fw 190A-8 Blue 4 from JG 5 (Eismeer). All that's said on the decal sheet is May 1945, and that it's in Herdla, Norway. No Werknummer either. I don't have any pictures, so if anyone does and can post them, that'd be great!

EC79_Inst.jpg

I'll scan the profile sheet after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Cory. Will look around to see what I might have on this one. I leant a book that has a lot on JG 5 in it to my Dad on Ontario and I'm going back in June but I'm sure something will crop up elswhere. A quick search on the net brough up one photo of a row of 190's with blue codes but not blue 4.

EDIT: Found something in Squadron Walkaround no 22:

"FW 190A-8 Blue 4 (WNr believed 350189) was assigned ot 12.IV/JG 5 in the early spring of 1945. The aircraft was slightly damaged due to pilot error on 3 March 1945...."

Last edited:
Another Fw190...wonderful Cory. ... :lol: Geez.. it might appear The LW has been equipped with the kind of a plane only. :lol:

Last edited:
Not to worry Wojtek. I'm sure we'll see our share of Messerschmitts in this GB soon enough. :)
Nice choice Cory. Looking forward to your build.

Nice one Cory and glad to have you back in the GB. I will have a hunt through my stuff to see if I can throw any light onto you subject.

Edit: Sorry Cory, could only find same profile and details as Andy.

Last edited:
There is one or maybe two photo's ? of this Blue 4, there is more than one blue 4.

Here is the one shot i know of for your Blue 4

Source : The Internet

Attachments

• Fw190A-8 Blue 4.jpg
    Fw190A-8 Blue 4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 755
Yeah Andy, it's a good sheet! Bought it for Black 12 actually, and have already used those decals. The finished kit is here: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/yo...1-32-fw-190a-8-black-12-8-jg-300-a-26064.html

I've also always wanted to do a Blue numbered 190 (due to that being my favourite colour :lol:), and as luck would have it there's one on this sheet.

And thanks Wayne, I figured you'd come up with something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back