**** DONE: 1/32 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8, Blau 4, JG 5 - Me/ Fw Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, but disaster! The corner of the upper port wing (where the flap bay [?]) broke off somehow, not exactly sure how, so I have to order a replacement for it, as it couldn't have happened in a worse spot so I don't think I'll be able to get it blended properly. :(

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

The problem with this is that I'm not sure how I'd get it even. If I put plastic in from the bottom, it won't be flush with the top. I've tried looking for the fragment, but finding it's a long shot. The thing is, I cleaned the part off, and it was definitely there, so it didn't happen when I cut it off the tree.

Good work on the 'pit Cory. that chip should fix easily. Put a thin piece of plastic card on the inner surface, and then either plastic card and filler, or just filler, on the outer surface once fitted to the fuselage, and blend in.

Good one Cory. Will look around to see what I might have on this one. I leant a book that has a lot on JG 5 in it to my Dad on Ontario and I'm going back in June but I'm sure something will crop up elswhere. A quick search on the net brough up one photo of a row of 190's with blue codes but not blue 4.

EDIT: Found something in Squadron Walkaround no 22:

"FW 190A-8 Blue 4 (WNr believed 350189) was assigned ot 12.IV/JG 5 in the early spring of 1945. The aircraft was slightly damaged due to pilot error on 3 March 1945...."

This site lists it as being from III./JG 5...curious.

http://www.luftwaffe.no/SIG/Losses/190tap.html

Tough break Cory but you have some sound technicians working for you so hope you can get the corner fixed okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back