**** DONE: 1/32 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-8, Blau 4, JG 5 - Me/ Fw Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, camo's painted. Unfortunately it appears as thought I goofed up when masking the black. Thoughts? Also, I got a lot of overspray, as I did on the 110. My compressor also looks like it's on the fritz, so at this point unless I brush paint, I won't be able to paint the blue or RLM 70. I may just brush them at some point.

DSC_03162.jpg

DSC_03172.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

Not bad still at all Cory, just maybe touch up the demarcation lines by brush as you say.
The black band should be easy enough to widen too, just mask and respray/ brush.

Not sure at this point. I'm not very mechanically inclined and my dad hasn't had a chance to take a look. The tank wasn't filling and it was dumping air out of a valve it's never dumped air out of before. I suppose I'll know more over the next couple days.

Only thing is when you brush it, it comes out darker than when your airbrush it. I found that on the Do-17 today and had to correct it.

Looks great!

Looking good in general Cory, and I agree with Evan - some re-touching will cure things. Nothing wrong with brush-painting - only really need an airbrush for mottles.

Thanks guys, and agreed Daniel. It doesn't happen every time so I'm a little perplexed. I've decided to leave well enough alone, as there's been a number of things this week (not all model related) that I messed with and shouldn't have! It won't win any prizes, but looks acceptable to me. To be honest, I'm just somewhat ready to move on. On top of everything the joystick broke out form masking the cockpit and is now somewhere rattling inside the fuselage, and isn't coming out! :lol: I put most of the decals on, I'll post pics tomorrow morning. One thing however. It says to only put the Eismeer badge on the port side, but does come with two. It seems odd to me to only have it on the one side. Was this common?

Also, compressor was replaced today. There was a deal in a flyer, so my dad grabbed it this morning. How's that for service? :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back