**** DONE: 1/48 Focke-Wulf Fw190 A-3 8./JG2 "Black 13" - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ozhawk40

Master Sergeant
Username: Ozhawk40
First name: Peter
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1:48
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model Type: Focke-Wulf Fw190 A-3
Details: 8./JG2 "Black 13" France 1942
Aircraft Assignment: Unkown
Accessories: True Details Wheels, Eduard Etch
Decals: Superscale or Tamiya decals​

Okay, I'm in for this one too. This is unfinished business. I started this Tamiya 190 about three years ago and made a start on the etch cockpit tub and flaps. I stuffed the flaps up big time - threw it all back in the box and it's been there ever since. I hope I haven't done too much to exclude me from the build - pics show progress so far.

I bought this one on evil bay as a package deal and it includes a set of after market decals with the same "Black 13" as in the box. The eagles are both very different styles. I've never found a picture of this beast to confirm the style, so help appreciated here with the right reference for this bird.

I'll make a start soon, if the judges are all agreed.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• progress start 002 resized.jpg
    progress start 002 resized.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 290
  • progress start 001 resized.jpg
    progress start 001 resized.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 399
  • box art.jpg
    box art.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 432
  • mask and tyres 001 resized.jpg
    mask and tyres 001 resized.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice Peter. If that's all you've done on the kit, I don't see a problem with entering it. Here are a couple of pics, sourced off the net.

Attachments

• fw190a3-orig.jpg
    fw190a3-orig.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 436
  • fw190-jg2.jpg
    fw190-jg2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,523
Nice choice mate...! Done this one myself! 8)

Good one Jan - I just had a look at yours in the start to finish section, and you did an excellent job on the Hasegawa version of this one. Builds to a really fine looking model doesn't she!

Appears Wayne Little was able to add some info on this one so I'll quote Wayne as:-

Ok Black 13 suffered engine failure on the 4th Feb 1943, the unknown pilot bailed out and the aircraft was lost.....however earlier in its career during late June 1942 it was flown for a short time by Oberleutnant Siegfried Schnell the Staffel Kapitan of 9/JG 2. It was marked Yellow 4 + I carried Schnells victory tally of 65 kills on a yellow Rudder consisting of the number 40 with Knights Cross and Ribbon and 25 further white victory bars with British roundels marked on each. The 65th victory was recorded on the 26th June 1942.

Bit of a history to this one then.

Thanks Jan

Cheers

Peter

Nice choice mate...! Done this one myself! 8)

Good one Jan - I just had a look at yours in the start to finish section, and you did an excellent job on the Hasegawa version of this one. Builds to a really fine looking model doesn't she!

Appears Wayne Little was able to add some info on this one so I'll quote Wayne as:-

Ok Black 13 suffered engine failure on the 4th Feb 1943, the unknown pilot bailed out and the aircraft was lost.....however earlier in its career during late June 1942 it was flown for a short time by Oberleutnant Siegfried Schnell the Staffel Kapitan of 9/JG 2. It was marked Yellow 4 + I carried Schnells victory tally of 65 kills on a yellow Rudder consisting of the number 40 with Knights Cross and Ribbon and 25 further white victory bars with British roundels marked on each. The 65th victory was recorded on the 26th June 1942.

Bit of a history to this one then.

Thanks Jan

Cheers

Peter

It's been a couple of weeks, I know, but I've finally made a start on this one.

Started with the prop and engine. Like everyone else, no good going overboard on the engine, as it will stay under cover.

More soon.8)

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• prop 001 resized.jpg
    prop 001 resized.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 218
  • prop 002 resized.jpg
    prop 002 resized.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 228
  • prop 003 resized.jpg
    prop 003 resized.jpg