**** DONE: 1/48 Grumman OA-9 Goose - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With all the rivets and lack of panel lines I thought this model would be a good candidate for pre-shading. I've never done it before so we'll have to see how good it turns out. I'll be pre-shading before each color to give the black a better chance of showing through. Here's the shading for the white undersurfaces.

P7300984.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Chris

I just finished spraying the white and am pleased with the effect. Home the intermediate blue turns out as good.

P7300985.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys, yes I'm sold on the pre-shading, especially I think on older kits with raised panel lines or rivets when its harder to bring out the panel lines.

I did some touch up painting, added the rudder, masked and painted the de-icing boots, started painting the engines, then brushed on quite a few coats of Future to get ready for the decals. All I need is 4 stars without the bars and I have some from an Old Monogram P-40B kit that look to be the right size.

P8060995.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back