**** DONE: 1/48 Grumman OA-9 Goose - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did a lot last night and tonight.

Last night was decals, I used left over Monogram Kingfisher decals for the wing that worked out pretty good and Monogram P-40B decals which gave me some problems. I think they were too old and the glue had yellowed and had to be removed and set in a puddle of Future, not to mention that they didn't react nearly as well to the setting solution.

Today I sprayed the dull coat, did the pastels, gave it another shot of Dull Coat to seal it and removed the masks. Also finished up the painting on the small bits so they're ready to install.

That will have to be on hold though as I'm going on vacation next week. Should have plenty of time to finish up when I get back

P8070997.JPG
P8071001.JPG
P8071002.JPG

Last edited:
Just back from the vacation wars myself so catching-up. Have not tried the preshading myself but with the Hs in white/green cammo it might work well so might try it.
Looking really nice Glenn

Pictures as promised
Wheels, floats, and rigging on. Exhaust parts in place, and a new tail wheel scratch-built from spare bits (still needs the paint finished) The kit part was horrid. Not much left to do now.

P8211006.JPG
P8211007.JPG
P8211009.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back