**** DONE: 1/48 JM-1 Marauder - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. Here's how I spent hockey intermissions tonight(shoulda done this for the whole game)....

001.JPG

...I read online that I need half a pound of weight. I'll use a few fish weights and then surround them with these.

Geo

Did a little balance test (not shown) and with the weights shown in the post above, she just settles on her nose. I've got a ¼" of free board left in the radio room and ample room behind the engines.

001.JPG
002.JPG

Geo

Yep, I agree - use Formula 'P', where 'P' = Plenty!
I packed lead into every available space forward of the CoG, which made for a heavy model, but the nose stayed down !

Thanks for the advice guys. Sitting in camp now, watching it snow. Will definitely be cramming more in when I get home Wednesday morning.

Geo

Thanks Dr.Gnomey and Steph. Enough weight has been added to keep the real aircraft down and gluing the fuselage halves together.

002.JPG

Anyone have any thoughts on how to attach the wings, keeping in mind that the landing gear is already installed (thanks Monogram)?

Geo

Going good Geo. As for attaching the wings, I'd probably dry fit both to the point where gaps and angles are good and, with the model resting on supports, run some Tamiya Extra Thin Cement or tin CA glue in the joints and let it completely dry. Once the glue is set, you can handle the model and fill any remaining gaps that will no doubt be there.

Thanks guys. The starboard wing sits about 1½mm too far forward and I've started to whittle away at that, not a biggie. Happily, there's lots of gluing surface and there will be gaps. Before I get to the wings, yet another fit issue comes forth...

001.JPG
002.JPG

I've added some strip which takes away most of the problem. Thankfully the puzzle glue acts as a gap filler on small gaps.

Geo

003.JPG

Once this is done, I'll attack the wings

This is the stuff I was talking about. I could not find it an been busy, doesn't to much for you now. But they also have it in a shredded form so you can just pull and stuff where ever you need to.

Attachments

• lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Lead2.JPG
    Lead2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 66
  • lead3.jpg
    lead3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back