**** DONE: 1/48 JM-1 Marauder - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bindi be with you my friend. Or should I have said, may the go do be with you. I have one of these but I'm scared of it. Guess I'm a coward and just want a new production.

Thanks guys. Haven't I always said never again with the light colors? Anyhoo...new printer and a test driver with the tail markings. I have to fine tune this as these are scale 6" and judging by the profile photo, they seem to be a bit smaller.

004.JPG

Geo

Thanks Wojtek. Two coats on, a final one to follow on the top, then flip it over. It's the only way I can safely handle it.

004.JPG

Very surprised how fast this paint is drying, being an enamel. It's not even tacky after two hours.

Geo

Thanks guys. Just have to touch up a few spots. It's recommended to wait less than 3hrs or more than 48hrs before re-coating so I'll finish tomorrow. In the mean time, I printed the decals. First a test drive. Then I cut out some decal paper, and put double sided tape to the back of it, placing this over the test drive to make sure it would line up for printing. The letters look a little blurry in the photo but won't be bad on the model.

001.JPG
002.JPG

It looks like the printer may have stalled out a bit, probably due to the double sheets. I'll let this dry over night (Testors recommends 2hrs), clear coat it and let that dry over night.

Geo

Looks good enough to me Geo, and once in place, they should 'merge in' quite nicely.
BTW, do you get ice cream with that yellow finish .................

Looks good enough to me Geo, and once in place, they should 'merge in' quite nicely.
BTW, do you get ice cream with that yellow finish .................

Definitely not a run-of-the-mill camo pattern! What kind of clear coat on the decal paper? That's one thing that I've been meaning to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back