**** DONE: 1/48 JM-1 Marauder - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. Glenn, this thing weighs a ton. All the appendages are now on. My gluing process...tube glue on all the large surfaces away from the edges, just to give it some hold. Then I ran Ambroid Pro Weld around the seams and pressed the parts firmly together. Once this had cured for about three hours, I flooded the underside gaps with Gorilla super glue. I let this set up for a few hours and then slam some mud on it during the Montreal/TBay intermissions.

001.JPG
002.JPG

In the meantime, more mud.

005.JPG

Geo

Thanks kindly. Karl, after reading every review I could find on the web, I think it's pretty hit or miss how your kit will build. Some have no problems, others have a specific problem not found any where else and mine seems to be a mix of several. If you choose to leave the bay open, you'll avoid one problem. As the majority of my builds are from the lower end of the kit quality scale, this is bothering me less and less. Having said that, I have the Tamiya Meteor awaiting my next GB.

Geo

Thanks Wayne, it's going to be a tight finish. I decided to add the cowlings before painting as there will be mud (what else is new). My biggest problem now is that my printer is dead and I need it to print out the tail markings. SWMBO is going to PG this weekend to do recon for me so hopefully I can get one when I get out of camp Tuesday. In the meantime, tires are being painted and I added a "patch" to the nose transparency where the fixed M.G. was.

003.JPG

That's it for another week, camp bus in 3 hours. Have a great week gentlemen.

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back