**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clean work there :D looking really good :)

The best magazine ever :D I have 1 or 2 copies :) really nice :D :)

Highly recommended :) Lufftwaffe im Focus".

Yep, and it has a weird sequence to fitting the engine panels.

Been looking at the panel fitting...must agree with you there Paul...

Another masterpiece in the making! IIRC there where some good pictures in one of the back issues of "Lufftwaffe im Focus". Have you seen them Wayne?

Oh I have ALL the LiF series my friend, so yes....:D

Thanks for your comments guys....

Good stuff so far Wayne. Might be a good idea to remove the control surfaces, replacing the hinges and actuators at the same time. Think I'll be doing that on my Revell (ex- Hasegawa) kit.

Sorry Guys, haven't had much modelling time of late....so progress has been slow, did add some stretched sprue to the rear trailing edges but after looking at what the next stage is to tidy it all up, I think Plan A is out the door and plan B is going to be the order of the day...removing the control surfaces looks like the better option in this case so that will be the next stage....

Cheers....

Plan B is executed....control surfaces removed, some sanding and the thinning down of the trailing edge of the wings begins...with one section carefully scraped and sanded down.

Attachments

• 4_Wing Mods_0218.jpg
    4_Wing Mods_0218.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 5_Trailing Edge Mod_0232.jpg
    5_Trailing Edge Mod_0232.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 81
  • 6_Trailing Edge_227.JPG
    6_Trailing Edge_227.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 80
Thanks Wojtek.

the aim is to leave the top side surface/view alone and taper the bottom up to thin that edge as once the control surfaces are back in place things will look nice and tidy.

These any help Wayne? They're from the 'Aero Detail' book. It's not a 'B' of course, but a similar set up.

Attachments

• Ju87 1.JPG
    Ju87 1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 117
  • JU87 2.JPG
    JU87 2.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Ju87 3.JPG
    Ju87 3.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Ju87 4.JPG
    Ju87 4.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 127
  • JU87 5.JPG
    JU87 5.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 117
I did that to a Hasegawa G, once. Super fidly when built. Kept knocking the b@stards off. It ended up in the spares pile, just because I ended up loosing the darn things!

Thanks Guys and you too terry for the extra detail stuff!

Again no lunch break or modelling today, too friggin' busy....so nothing to show...sorry guys maybe on the weekend....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back