**** DONE: 1/48 Ju88G-6 of 3/NJG 101 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Username: Crimea River
First name: Andy
Category: Judge – Non-competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Cyber Hobby/Dragon
Model Type: Ju88G-6 Nachtjäger
Aftermarket addons: None planned

profile3.jpg

This will be my second entry into this GB. I had actually pleanned this one for some time but, gien that it was a duplicate of another entry, I had set it asside. However, with thanks to Sergio, who is building the exact same kit and through the encouragement of others, I've decided to give this one a go.

I have very few references of this aircraft and know of only one period photo of it:

ju88gprang.jpg

There is another picture showing aircraft 9W+CL of the same unit in the background of this Ar234 photo:

Arado_AR234.jpg

Any and all references to the G-6 to help me detail this model would be more that welcome.

This will be my second entry into this GB. I had actually pleanned this one for some time but, gien that it was a duplicate of another entry, I had set it asside. However, with thanks to Sergio, who is building the exact same kit and through the encouragement of others, I've decided to give this one a go.

I have very few references of this aircraft and know of only one period photo of it:

View attachment 307623

There is another picture showing aircraft 9W+CL of the same unit in the background of this Ar234 photo:

View attachment 307625

Any and all references to the G-6 to help me detail this model would be more that welcome.

Interesting... that picture of the Arado has a 2nd Ju88G-6 in the back. The tail tip is painted black, presumably to mask the square tail of the G-series and mimic an earlier model. I had heard of this picture but had never seen it. I just happened to have picked up a Ministry of Small Aircraft Production decal set that popped up on Ebay at a cheap price and it has markings for one of these black tipped G-6's.

121447-10518.jpg

Gonna pay real close attention to this and Sergio's build now!

Thanks Wojtek. First shot is a zoom of the second picture I posted above showing 9W+CL, sister ship to the one I'm building. The second picture is one I also found and filed for reference. Though that aircraft is from NJG3 the camo pattern is similar. Over at LEMB, David E. Brown commented that the Wellen on the NJG101 aircraft were probably painted in RLM 81 Braunviolet rather than the bright green suggested by the profile I posted. Comments welcome.

Yes, the pattern will be a challenge, but I'm up for it!

Are you assuming that the squiggle pattern is sprayed over the more common 75/76 mottle scheme?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back