**** DONE: 1/48 Ju88G-6 of 3/NJG 101 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, it's pretty much confirmed by the picture I put up in post #2. You can see the RLM 75 blotches under the squiggles on the vertical stab.

Yep, it's pretty much confirmed by the picture I put up in post #2. You can see the RLM 75 blotches under the squiggles on the vertical stab.

That'd be my guess too. Do you know why the Cyber Hobby profile assumes that the starboard nacelle was not squiggled when photos clearly show that the port nacelle was?

The starboard engine cover does not have the squiggles. Look close at the pic (zoomed below). The canopy has been ejected and you can see through it to the starboard engine.

ju88gprang detail.jpg

Ah, I did not notice that was the starboard engine cowling lurking behind the cockpit!

So I was hoping to get a start on the cockpit today and was put off by all the ejector pin marks.

15121701.jpg

Some have been filed out already in that pic but the ones that remain will need to be addressed, except where they will be hidden by the seats. One is in the middle of a panel with protruding rivets. Thanks Dragon.....

The pilot's seat is not much better:

15121702.jpg

I turned my attention to some easier stuff. The tail plane halves were glued together, taking care to line up the parts as there were no locating pins. The surface detail is quite nice.

15121703.jpg

The wing tip extensions were added to the halves before gluing them together to ensure that the surfaces were flush. It took a bit of filing but the fit turned out to be decent.

15121704.jpg

I was then going to glue a couple of bits of the wheel wells together but, no, more ejector pin marks. 9 of the bloody things on a piece not much more than 1 inch square. Really?

15121705.jpg

Once I fill all these in and smooth them out, I'll post up some progress on the pit.

Yuck... ejector pin marks! Gotta check my kit to see if its the same... I'm sure it is. I've seen some guys rig an electric toothbrush as a mini circular sander to make it easier to deal with those.

I see there are some kit parts there among the ejector pin marks !
Good work so far Andy, and I'll have to look at my Dragon Ju-88, as I'm guessing there'll be lots of pin marks on that too !

Yep, it will be. I have the 'P' version, to convert back to a 'A-1' (the only kit I could get at the time, for the right price), and it has parts for other versions, including the 'A-1' rear canopy, with extra sprues for the 'P'. Annoyingly, the earlier belly cupola is included, but not the rear hatch for this ! Fortunately, I have a vac form cupola to either use complete, or just use the rear hatch.

andy another issue to consider is the interior wells and landing in the engine area are open and you see more of what you should see.

Yep, thanks Sergio. That's why I will want to get rid of those marks. I may lok at rebuilding some of this area anyway since it is very plain.

I've covered marks the one hand general putty, like a wall to paint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back