**** DONE: 1/48 Junkers Ju 52/3M - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Paul comes up trumps again! Good work Paul, it's a very useful collection of photos there.
Vic, I was going to suggest putting a small battery in a ground power unit, 'plugged in' to the model, but I believe the Ju52 used a compressed air starting system, so it probably wouldn't be authentic.

Thanks Terry!!!

Thanks again Guys. I'm not to concerned about the battery Andy, the lid comes of this beast so I'll be able to remove it.

Thanks again Terry, I worked on the wing lights yesterday and have managed to get them fitted. Today's challenge is the landing light which I hope to show down and working, but we will see.

Thanks also Paul, great thread but I'm not sure I want to his my engine in half a wooden box and may have to go with that first shot you sent me on post #36 where the engined are shown on bearers.

Made the wing mounted landing light today. The kit calls for just a lens to be slotted over the area where the landing light is housed, but as I'm using real lights, I wanted this down and working. I had to find something to house the LED and in the end settled on a gear reduction casing from the Catalina that was not used. Follows are the results of today's efforts.

So now both wings are together complete with navigation and landing lights.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll make a start on the internal cabin.

Looken great Vic, I have to agree with you. I dont think I would want them in the crate as well. Then again the way you are going this would be a great diarama.

Once again my thanks guys for having a peek and your kind comments.

I had a couple of extra bits arrive in the post yesterday and have been spending all day today initially selecting what I think I will use and then cutting, grinding and shaving off the surplus bits of resin. I've just one piece left to sort out (had to stop as Dremel battery ran dry) and then it will really be onto sorting the cabin and cockpit.

These are the extra additions I'm about to add to my intro post.

Thanks folks, it was a slow day today, spent a couple of hour just fitting and masking all the clear plastic, very fiddly.

Users who are viewing this thread