**** DONE: 1/48 La-5FN – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Split Build, GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you gentlemen. I have a question or should I say require confirmation. As you can see in one of the pictures the control column has a distinct lean to the right (stbd), would this mean that the main wing ailerons would be slightly up on the left (port) side and slightly down on the right (stbd) side.

Came across a bit of a problem today with missing bits from the kit, I'm not sure if it's just this kit or standard ex factory.

For any of you who have the Zvezda 1/48 Kit and Jan I think you are one, it's missing the cowlings that fit behind the exhausts. Listed as parts A1 A2. These parts are in fact the upper main wings port and stbd. It's not a great problem that they are not included, scratch bits can be made up if so desired, but it also looks as though they would also be hidden behind the exhausts so not so noticeable.

Attachments

• 110228-1A.jpg
    110228-1A.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 150
Vic can I recommend "Lavockin La-5" by Milos Vestsik and Jiri Vrany (apologies for the missing accents. It's published by MBI. Excellent book, plenty of diagrams, photos and colour plates. Text is half Czech and half English.

Oh and from experience of that particular kit - have fun stuffing that Shvetsov and those two canons under that plastic cowling!!!:mad:

Just seen your post, if they are missing that's a bummer, but just checked my old instruction sheet and although they are listed as A1 and A2 they are actually included on sprue C as 1 and 2. Have another look.

Problem solved Andy and thanks FlexBull I'll check the book out and yes I have found the missing bits, but in my kit its D1 2 which I had not looked at as I'm waiting on a resin engine and am having the cowlings open to display it.

Thanks Glenn, I'm kind of pleased with them myself.

No guys, no bog rolls, magazines or LEDs this time.....................but then again....................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............maybe a little something..........uh.......out of the ordinary................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back