**** DONE: 1/48 La-5FN – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Split Build, GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic, where can I find, or have you found the colors for the cockpit. I am assuming color would be the same for my La-7?

From what I've read up to now, there seemed to be no set interior colour, it has been said that this depended on whatever colour was available at the time. However, the most common colour to crop up is aluminium or grey (RLM-2). I'm still looking though and if I come across anything concrete I'll let you know.

Attachments

• coc.jpg
    coc.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
My thanks Wotan now I know what I'm up against, all I need to do now is see if I can get a clear image of the inscription under the '01' number and see if I can reproduce it and the tigers head. I'd like to know what the inscription says, can you translate it for me.

Thanks also for clearing up the internal colour, with that you have made a couple of us happy...:D........:D........:D

That is the fantasy of the Czechoslovak Magazine in 1991.

Here the page
: ????? ?????????? : ??????? ?????????? ?????? - ScaleModels.ru

Yes.. the profile of the Militaria issue is similar to that from the Czechoslovakian magazine. And it is posible it might have been a re-print with a few corrections.

Vic... the inscription can be translated into English as " for Guardians from workers of the Gorki Aircraft Factory ". Of course the origin inscription was of the Russian font and grammary.

Thanks for that Wojetk, if I can get a reasonable picture of the inscription it I may try to duplicate it for the model. I've managed to find a copy of the magazine "Militaria i fakty", so we will see what I can do when that arrives.

Took a little peek at the kit today and started some cleaning up and a dry fit of fuselage and wings. So far nothing seems to be amiss though the engines are lacking some good detail. In general the kit detail is excellent and with the enhancement of the Eduard bits, should turn out okay. Sadly though the wheel well only sport an injection mark for detail and for the life of me I've been unable to find any pics or drawings that give an inkling of what would be in them.............Anybody out there got any ideas!!!!!!!!

Maybe.. these drawings would be useful.

Attachments

• la5 gear bay.jpg
    la5 gear bay.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 114
  • la5 tail bay.jpg
    la5 tail bay.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 102
  • la5 tail bay1.jpg
    la5 tail bay1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 126
Many thanks Wojetk, I've been looking at this set of drawings over the last few days seemingly with my eyes closed, for looking at what you have posted it would seem that the roof of the wheel well has no strengthening ribbing and was possibly just sheet metal formed and riveted.

According to the sketch I found via net some time ago, the main part of the wheel bay was the mesh stamped of aluminium. The wing covering of La-5FN wasn't made of metal. It was a plywood.

Attachments

• la5fncenter.jpg
    la5fncenter.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 146
Thought it about time to do a progress report on the Lavochkin. Though slow and methodical, I've managed to get quite a bit done in the office and should get the two halves together tomorrow. I've also decided to display this one with the cowlings off which is one of the kit options and to facilitate my change in track, I'm now awaiting on a Karaya Shvetsov Ash-82FN/M-82FN resin engine kit.

I'm also still having problems sourcing suitable paints to match the AMT coloures used in this build. White Ensign Models produce the appropriate colour match but I'm having difficulty contacting them, but I will persevere.

Now for the progress pictures:

Attachments

• 110227-1D.jpg
    110227-1D.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 110227-1B.jpg
    110227-1B.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 110227-1F.jpg
    110227-1F.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 110227-1E.jpg