**** DONE: 1/48 La-5FN – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Split Build, GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work Vic. I think Bill meant, have you, or are you, fitting an actuator to the rudder trim tab too.

Thanks for those kind words gentlemen.

Did you put one of them little things on the4 tab on the rudder?

Very nice work Vic. I think Bill meant, have you, or are you, fitting an actuator to the rudder trim tab too.

Oops!
ashamed0001.gif
misunderstood what you were saying Bill. As far as I can tell from my references, the rudder controls remained internal to the airframe, so sorry, no rudder actuators for this fellow...................unless someone proves different.

Thanks David, much appreciated.

Managed to get a little done today, was floundering with fiddly bits, but after an inspirational chat with Wayne, who phoned (thanks mate) I had a good run. Got the guns, engine nose cowling and some etched detail fitted and am fast approaching initial paint time. Here are some pictorial updates.

110314-1A.jpg
110314-1E.jpg
110314-1B.jpg
110314-1C.jpg
110314-1D.jpg

Not a lot going on this weekend, did manage to draw up some decals though. I scanned these from the magazine our good friend Wojetk referred to earlier on in the build, after much searching I obtained a copy and am using this magazines interpretation of the camo. Sadly though after double printing the decals to get good colour depth on our dilapidated dot-matrix printer and yes I did have problems, when I applied the second protective coat of 'decal film' the next day, they smudged slightly. I figure if I cut close enough to the decal I may get away with it.

110321-1A.jpg

b0705.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back