**** DONE: 1/48 La-5FN – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Split Build, GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sadly though after double printing the decals to get good colour depth on our dilapidated dot-matrix printer and yes I did have problems, when I applied the second protective coat of 'decal film' the next day, they smudged slightly.

Therefore these acrylic water dopes aren't suitable for a such protection. Those oil ones are better.
But I must say ..the decal set looks very nice. Good job Vic. :thumbright:

It was pure luck folks..................and it was my second try and that was why I'm pi$$ed about the smearing..................such is life.

Decals look great Vic. Can't see the smugging in the picture. I had something similar happen when I used Future to top coat homemade decals. The black ink ran and turned kind of reddish. Very strange. That's one thing I won't be using Future for again! :lol:

Time for a bit of catch-up on this little fellow. Found the gunsight and forward canopy a bit of a problem, had to do a small modification to the fuselage to get it all to fit but sadly forgot to take some pics.........:oops:.......:oops:

110406-1A.jpg

110406-1B.jpg

Anyway it's now all ready for an undercoat so that I can check out those beastly little flaws that are sure to surface.

Coming along nicely Vic. And thanks for the reminder about 'Maskol' - I totally forgot I still have a bottle - could have used it on the Hurricane nav lights!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back