**** DONE: 1/48 Lockheed Ventura - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah! I think that's something to do with the way the forum loads and processes the images. I normally just re-size to around 800 x 600 pixels, before uploading, and they appear on the screen at that size only.
However, at the extreme top right of your PC screen, you'll find an icon like a group of three bars, one above the other. Click on this, and a drop-down box will appear, in which is a 'zoom' option, graduated in percentage enlargement. This will enlarge the whole screen, but the image quality will suffer the larger you go, dependent on the quality of the original image.

As memo serves, the forum system resizes down all pitures that are larger than 800 pixels in their width. Additionally these have to be posted as the URL addresses with the IMG tags. Our siggies has limit to 500 pixels in the width and are mostly JPG images attached to our profiles as an URL address. Therefore most of us have them with the bar of the magnification. So the basic terms for the resizing and the bar is to attach them as the URL address.

Wojtek's right. I upload all of my images to Photobucket and post the direct link here with an img tag on it. It automatically resizes them when they're uploaded. When you upload images directly to the forum without using those tags, it forces the images to a certain size which is smaller than the "zoom limit", so therefore the bar doesn't show up.

The model is coming out great!

Thanks for the photo input. I am not very happy with my attempt at trying to dry brush a washed out look but it does look a wee bit better in real time(the grey looks shiny because I grabbed gloss white instead of flat to mix with the gray). Yes, Bill the white does overpower everything so this is my next question. Would an over-all, very dilutes light grey/gray acrylic wash blend in the top colors better to give a more faded look and tone down the white? Off to P.G. tomorrow, so we have a days worth of quibbling. I thank you in advance for your thoughts.

001.JPG
002.JPG

Geo

As far as photos go. I'm using my wifes computer and it has adobe photoshop elements on it and I crop and re-size every picture I take. If it has little detail I do 500 pixels wide, if it has lots I do 700 and for entry pictures I use 800 pixels wide.

Merci, Bill. My first attempt at using Tamiya tape for the clear parts. Usually I tape the horizontal frames first, remove, the tape, touch up and then do the verticals. Very labor intensive. For my first attempt, this is also labor intensive and very frustrating at time getting the tape down correctly. Luckily, three rolls of Tamiya tape arrived in the mail today, 10mm, 8mm, and 6mm.

002.JPG

Geo

Thanks all. Wheels are on and so are the clear parts. Time to touch up the paint and clear coat for decals. Problem...I've got four different whites and not one matches the spray bomb. They are all too freakin' bright.:banghead:

Geo

Started the decals tonight and it's the first time that I've really paid attention to the sheet or the instructions for that matter and I notice eight, curved black lines. Yes, they are the tail de-icer boots that I spent hours masking and painting. Where did I put that brick wall?

006.JPG

Geo

Started the decals tonight and it's the first time that I've really paid attention to the sheet or the instructions for that matter and I notice eight, curved black lines. Yes, they are the tail de-icer boots that I spent hours masking and painting. Where did I put that brick wall?

View attachment 241366

Geo

Don't worry about it Geo, those decals would be a right pain to put on too.

I'll never tell them I decided to use the decals, hee hee hee Home stretch time. According to my reference, The RCAF used U.S.Navy drop tanks in the three color scheme and it looks like it on the photo on the first page. Also, an attempt at fuel stains, a little too subtle.

007.JPG

I can't see any propeller markings in the photo on pg.1 and found a photo of another aircraft from the same squadron without them as well. The hub is Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black, very similar to their Gloss Black I would say. Tone that down a bit.

010.JPG

L'il bits to add now....

012.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back