**** DONE: 1/48 Macchi C.200 - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For John, many posts ago, the P.E. pieces...

002.JPG

...the undercarriage doors then attach to these. A righteous pain in the keester to line up.

Geo

Those boxes were for the landing gear struts eh? Hopefully the flat surfaces will make it easier to attach the landing gear doors. The finish is looking good... black is very striking and interesting!

Thanks all. Gear doors went on without much drama...

001.JPG

...too much drama, but a quick fix. I'll reinforce it with a coat of superglue when it dries...

002.JPG
003.JPG

...the little nub on the top one is so I can identify left from right, kind of a problem I've had when I remove small pieces, re: landing gear.

Geo

Thank you Wojtek. On finals now, just the clear parts, prop and antennae to go. I discovered the the other retraction strut had a small fracture in it as well so I've given it a thin coat of superglue as well. With regards to the prop, the majority of photos I have show the blades to be black backs and silver fronts with no yellow tips, a few with yellow tips, some all black and some with the black worn off the back. Being lazy, silver front, worn black back, no yellow tips.

Geo

Nice save on the struts! Hardest thing for me is letting those types of repairs dry properly before playing with them again.

Thanks gents. The retraction struts have firmed up and placement has started. The small gear door attaches to three 1mm x 1mm lugs at the bottom of the fuselage, the strut to a small hole in the door and one in the well, all three need to be done at the same time to ensure correct alignment...

002.JPG

...the green arrow is pointing to a nub that isn't an attachment point. I can't find any clear photos showing this strut, it's on both struts, so I left it.

Geo

She stands...

001.JPG
005.JPG

...I don't know the significance of the white base of the antenna mast(insulator?) but it's in a lot of photos and it helps break up the black. Speaking of black, I'm going to repaint the venturi tube as it's too black(semi-gloss). I had to remove the attachment point for the fuselage/engine cowl as it turns the center of the cowl to the 1:30 position. It was semi-circular so it was keyed to the cowling. More careful gluing. Also, the MGs are a lousy fit so you can see the reworking in progress on the right side.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back