**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXc - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow... that is an awesome looking cockpit! I love the details on the seat and flooring especially. Let us know how the it fits... I keep hearing things about the fit of Aires resin parts.

Hello,
Cockpit completely done ! Now, I have to put it in the fuselage...
DSCN1612.JPG
DSCN1614.JPG

Wow... that is an awesome looking cockpit! I love the details on the seat and flooring especially. Let us know how the it fits... I keep hearing things about the fit of Aires resin parts.
John, not very easy in fact... Like we say here :"ça ne va pas aussi bien que papa dans maman..." Oups...
The problem is that the resin must be glued with cyano and it's difficult to have the time to adjust something with the cyano... It glue !!! But, with some sanding here and there and with a little patience, finally the cockpit set fits relatively well.

Thanks for the fit update Steph! At least this fuselage assembly is modular. I would think this would make the fitting adjustments a little easier. Too bad the tubular flooring is covered so much... that was some awesomely painted detail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back