1/48 Spitfire Vc - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek, Andy.

Andy, these kits are rubbish, the decals even worse, then some of my spare decals broke up.
Feels like it's been a fight from day one, hope to get them finished over the weekend to get them off my bench !

Despite the problems, they're looking good Karl.
The original Airfix MkV kit was very advanced for its time, and the first to portray the under-side 'gull wing' properly. I've built a few over the years, including conversions to Mk1, but I think the current kits are ex-Otaki or similar, according to what's shown on the Hannant's listings, and from what I've seen of your kit parts.
I want to do a 'clipped wing' MkV in this scale some day and, having built the Tamiya MkV, I think I'll go for that kit again.

Despite the problems, they're looking good Karl.
The original Airfix MkV kit was very advanced for its time, and the first to portray the under-side 'gull wing' properly. I've built a few over the years, including conversions to Mk1, but I think the current kits are ex-Otaki or similar, according to what's shown on the Hannant's listings, and from what I've seen of your kit parts.
I want to do a 'clipped wing' MkV in this scale some day and, having built the Tamiya MkV, I think I'll go for that kit again.

Cheers Terry.

This kit is a mix of the old V kit with some newer sprues for the Vc wings and hook for the seafire II, it's got both raised panel lines on the fuselage and recessed on the wings !
Even the wheels are two different types of plastic for each half ???

Decals are very thick with very little adhesion.

thanks Hugh

ok a couple of better pics taken on my fuji camera rather than my mobile phone.

you can see the crap decals, though they don't actually look as bad in the flesh.

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back