**** DONE: 1/48 Macchi C.200 - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Dave and John. I have an airbrush(Testors Aztec set) and compressor but right now, two things are getting in the way of learning to use it. When my daughter got pregnant, she and her husband were living in Victoria, B.C., very expensive city. With her no longer able to work, they would have been hard pressed to survive so SWMBO insisted they move back with us(sigh, just finally got rid of the last one). Her husband got a job almost immediately, but the bank won't let them get a mortgage due to "not being in the present job" long enough but come April all should be good. I don't want to be spraying with the baby around even though I use acrylics. Plus my house is full of shift workers so if ones at work, one is sleeping. When the daughter leaves, I'll learn how to use that sucker but will be limited to using it, from midnight to 7a.m. weekdays(wife works graveyard shift) and weekends. Sorry for the long explanation. Anyhoo...on with modlin'...landing gear, the test fit was so tight I'm leaving it as is...

003.JPG

...camera shows where touch ups are needed. The last of the P.E. parts, again the camera shows the left one will need to have a fold addressed. Eduard take note, two tiny attachment points per part.

004.JPG
005.JPG

That's it for this week, bus in 4 hours. Have a good rest of your week gentlemen.

Geo

Thanks for the explanation George! You will definitely get the hang of the airbrush quickly when the situation allows for it. But like I said, your brush work is so good, I forget that you aren't using an airbrush.

Curious to see where those PE parts go!

Have a great one, George. Merry Christmas to you and the family. This build is looking wonderful.

Thanks Cory. Top side is done and when dry, I can do the bottom...

001.JPG

...unfortunately, the original camo that I laid down didn't turn out the way I had planned. It popped through the way I wanted it to when I removed the black, but I had the wrong shade of black over it and it just didn't look right.

Geo

Thanks guys. The landing gear is giving me fits, one semi-done, one to go. One end of the retraction strut has to be attached about 1cm inside the wheelwell under some tubing and then the other end is slotted on the outside of the strut. So to keep calm, I finished off the cowl...

020.JPG

...instead of adding another post, I'll just put the retraction struts photo here...

023.JPG

...now all that is needed for the landing gear are two P.E. pieces and the two piece gear doors.

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back