**** DONE: 1/48 Me 262 B-1 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Like the belts and IP details but the pit colour is incocrrect. Should be RLM66.

426-2-f.jpg

I made some progress, hoping to get more done...then all of a sudden my phone rang, it was my boss telling me they had a huge problem that needed fixing asap...30 minutes later I was at work pulling a 6,5 hour shift...So much for modelling....

DSCF3273.JPG

DSCF3275.JPG

DSCF3277.JPG

It's getting less like I'd be able to finish this model in time. Never the less, I see where I get.
Oh, and the pit is RLM 66 ;) (I guess the pics I posted before were somewhat over saturated)
But I tried another technique, using various shades of RLM 66 in order to get more detail visible and make the pit look less then a black hole.
As for the fuse, I work with aluminum plates most of the time at my job. I noticed that it oxides quiet quickly when left unprotected. It starts to lose it sheen and turns mat grey. This is what I tried to duplicate in the wheel wells. Since the last months of the war were pretty hectic and most Me 262's hid in the woods, which are pretty moist and damp, I assume this would affected the aircraft and their unprotected insides.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments! I still hope to finish it before the end of the deadline. But work(job) is pretty hectic at the moment and there is still a lot to be done...

Thanks all. Though due to other (non modelling, work related) commitments it's very unlikely I'll be able to finish this model in time.
Therefore I'll continue this one at a later moment as a "start to finish" thread.
This kit is just too good to rush on with.

Great looking machine Jerry and as your not the only one, I've put up the suggestion of a possible time extension for this GB. Keep you eye on T Bolt (Glenn's) tread.

Thanks a lot Vic!
I just read T Bolts thread and read there will be an extrenstion until Sunday 13th midnight.
I'll sure take a shot at it. I don't know if I'll be able to finish in time. But if all goes well I have a few evenings this week for modelling. I hope to post more progres soon!

Well, I'm moving on as fast as I can. Me 262 is taking shape. Model is ready for some paint and I even achieved to do some pre-shading.
Still a lot of work ahead of me. I won't be able to update until perhaps tomorrow evening. I hope by then the Me is wearing some camo!
So far I managed to mask the canopy during lunch break at work...And most of the smaller parts like the landing gear, drop tanks, etc, are already painted. So I might be able to finish it before the deadline...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back