1/48 Messerschmitt Me-262 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, another weekend that should have been spent at the airport was washed out with a rather large low pressure system that sat here all day today and most of yesterday. The Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association was celebrating their 30th anniversary and as a result of the weather I did not make the 1.5 hour trip to Tillsonburg. Instead I spent a bit of time at the workbench. I am beginning to think that this 262 is Irish as I am sure her name is Patricia O'Putty.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Stuffed the nose with weight before gluing the nose coverings into place.

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Dry fit the wings to the fuselage and set the landing gear/undercarriage into place and voila, it sits on the nose gear all by herself.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

The bomb racks were glued into place and the bombs assembled.

IMG_0009.JPG

Everything is now sitting downstairs on the bench waiting for my next trip down.

Cheers,

Jeff

Disaster has struck the 262 production line. My dog and his brother were running around the basement and one of them ran into the workbench and his tail swept the 262 off the table snapping all three landing gear legs, breaking the tailplanes off, knocking the cockpit interior pieces loose, breaking off the pitot tube, snapping off the engine pods and splitting the nose cone ( not along the joints) due to all the weight inside it. Some could be repaired but other parts are beyond hope. I have boxed everything up and will wait 24 hours but I am leaning towards tossing her. I will not be able to finish this one due to the damage

I will take a look at the stash and see what I want to tackle to continue to take part in this group build.

Some days you are the dog, some days you are the hydrant.

Jeff

Jeff , could you post a couple of pics showing the all damages?

Wurger...too late, she has gone to the great landfill site to be buried. Never thought to take any pics.

Wayne...thanks but don't worry too much. She was a $5.00 purchase on e bay.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back