**** FINISHED: 1/48 MiG-17F Fresco - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Username: Jeff Hunt
Name: Jeff
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1:48
Model: Airfix Mig 17F Fresco
Accessories: OOB

Okay fellas, she is done. To deal with the lack of weight in the nose I bought a 6X8 ceramic tile from a used building materials store and glued her down. Tile cost me 10 cents. Here are the six required photos for the group build entry requirements.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Cheers and happy modelling!

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! How much weight did you put in the nose? I don't think I caught that in your build. I'm a bit paranoid about my Flogger... I'm at stage where I need to load up the nose with lead.

Excellent build :) and fine outcome.

For weights, my "measure" is always add more the merrier. You get to a point in model building where you'll know by the feel of it, if it is enough.

I used to measure out the aircraft and then apply about 5-10% more than the recommended weight in the instructions.

Nicely done Jeff.
For nose weight, I 'dry fit' the fuselage and wings before building, taping them together, then balance the model on my fingertips at the wing tips. Pieces of lead are then tacked to the nose, using 'Plasticine', until the nose drops dramatically. This gives an idea of how much weight will be needed, and I then use the Formula 'P', where 'P' = Plenty, and add around 20% more weight when the time comes to fit it into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back