**** DONE: 1/48 METEOR F.1 - The Jet Age. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd agree about trying a mix, but as they are, either would pass, allowing for fading, original paint batches etc, with the XF-14 probably being closer.
Good work so far, and the F3 kit has transparent engine covers - love 'em or hate 'em !

Is the paint for the thumb, or the plane? If for the thumb, I'd try a red really, if for the plane, I'd agree with a mix, just a bit darker of the JA Grey. But you could use like a lime green on the thumb, I've seen it work before.:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the input gents. GB25 is done and back at it here. Bottom color is on and the top camo is started.

001.JPG

As I lamented before, I sure miss the Pollyscale paint range, a brush painters dream.

Geo

After the Marauder, this is a breeze. I'm going to try, in future GBs, to do a fall together kit as my first project and then one requires work as the second, hoping the first will take a month with plenty of time left for the second. Anyhoo....I was hoping to get the green sections done before the camp bus this afternoon but I had to do some touch-ups on the grey just now. Glued and painted the landing gear. Tamiya's way of dealing with this is to glue the gear together and then slot the finished wheels, in to be held in place by two nubs. We shall see.

001.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back