**** DONE: 1/48 METEOR F.1 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks. Managed to pummel the wheels into position without popping any seams. Touch-ups required.

003.JPG

Geo

Thanks Cory. Okay...riddle me this...I spend some time trying to match paint to the aftermarket decals because my Pollyscale out of the bottle color was to bright. Got the colors very close, put the decals on and this....

002.JPG

....now the decals are much closer to the Pollyscale color. Once I've clear coated everything, I'll redo the band :banghead:. One other slight issue I had was the Yellow I.D. markings on the wings. They worked so well on my older Tamiya Spitfire, I thought I would use them here. They hit the water and shortly thereafter, exploded, which is odd as I haven't had a problem with 8 other kit decals. No biggie, just mask and paint.

Geo

That happens with paints sometimes, where once it's dry or you use a substantial amount, or if you spray vs brush paint it, the colour will appear differently. At least it's a relatively small section. I probably wouldn't personally worry about it.

And that is odd for Tamiya decals, as usually the complaint with them are that they're too thick, and don't usually tear.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll decide tomorrow. In the meantime, decals are done, matte coat has been applied and I've started with the Yellow ID on the wings. Odd about the decals, it was as if someone had taken a scalpel and made dozens of slices across them.

006.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back