**** DONE: 1/48 Mistel 2 Fw190F-8 Ju88G-1 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gonna be fantastic :D I've got the Drag Me-262 version of this kit :D they look really cool when they come together :)

Thanks Guys done a bit...some of the reinforcing strips for the warhead section...and one of the undercarriage sections.

Attachments

• 9_Reinforing strips-Warhead_5190.jpg
    9_Reinforing strips-Warhead_5190.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 10_reinforcing Strips-Warhead_5191.jpg
    10_reinforcing Strips-Warhead_5191.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 11_Undercarriage_5198.jpg
    11_Undercarriage_5198.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 94
  • 11_Undercarriage_5204.jpg
    11_Undercarriage_5204.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 12_Undercarriage_5201.jpg
    12_Undercarriage_5201.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 89
Never a blemish anywhere. How……………..you got some special smoothing machine at work…………..maybe an ultrasound box to tickle the dust and scratches off!

b0227.gif

wayne, the mistel used up to 4 different noses, two were piercing the longest, the widest was for strong armed fortifications structures (bunkers and stuff), the other being thinner was or as I have understood was designed bridges pafra very resistant, then had another proximity warhead detonators was almost at the height of the wings and the other was the same cabin of the plane to make it of shrapnel.

I'll look for the pictures and diagrams that I have and get in the post

Thanks Guys!

added the rest of the reinforcing strips and got the other undercarriage section done as well...

Attachments

• 13_Reinforcing strips done_5267.jpg
    13_Reinforcing strips done_5267.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 14_reinforcing strips in place_5269.jpg
    14_reinforcing strips in place_5269.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 15_Undercarriage Base section_5272.jpg
    15_Undercarriage Base section_5272.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 16_undercarriage base section_5270.jpg
    16_undercarriage base section_5270.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 73
wayne, the mistel used up to 4 different noses, two were piercing the longest, the widest was for strong armed fortifications structures (bunkers and stuff), the other being thinner was or as I have understood was designed bridges pafra very resistant, then had another proximity warhead detonators was almost at the height of the wings and the other was the same cabin of the plane to make it of shrapnel.

I'll look for the pictures and diagrams that I have and get in the post

Sergio, could post the info here too please? Would be very interested myself.

Great work as always Wayne!

Sergio, could post the info here too please? Would be very interested myself.

Great work as always Wayne!

The shaped charge, which carried the Mistel was destined to make a hole through the thick steel armor of a battleship. The shape of the load of 3800 pounds of explosives was important. In front of the explosive charge was a cone-shaped hollow cavity, which was lined with a layer of soft metal, either aluminum or copper. It is important that a soft metal used for this liner as a harder metal to prevent the action of suitable development shaped charge. Four electrical fuses crush, to fire the detonator of the main charge, mounted at the end of the nine-meter-long stand-off probe that started from the front of the head, the trigger of the main charge was located in the back the nosecone. When the match in the target probe fuses agglomeration operation activates the detonator, so fired the main charge. Because of their shape and the fact that it was burning from back to front, the main load force focused on the soft metal jacket. The coating became liquid, and was driven from the center of the cone, in a thin stream. A moment later shaped charge action was fully developed. The metal coating was now "jet" forward in a stream about a foot in diameter, a flow that reached speeds of 20 to 2.5 times the speed of sound. Thus, cargo bay served as a "weapon", and the coating of soft metal, as a "bullet". Colossal speed achieved by the soft metal thin stream, given the energy required to "drill" a neat hole through a steel armature with a thickness of up to four times the maximum diameter of the warhead itself In the case of a six meter diameter warhead installed on the lower component mistel, this gave theoretical maximum penetration of approximately 24 feet. Such a warhead would penetrate the heaviest armor carried by a ship with ease. Once through the outer protective layer of the target, and now confined inside the jet of high-energy metal would vaporize anything in its path.

The stand-off probe was necessary to detonate the main explosive charge at the optimum distance from the target, so that the soft metal coating, had time to form itself into a thin stream until it crashed. Within certain limits, the more the burden of the goal, when detonated, finer and deeper the hole "drilled" the more the load to the target, the wider and shallower penetration. They are both short and long out of the probes were used with the Mistel. All hollow load action took place within a ten-thousandth of a second, during which moves relatively slow Ju 88 aircraft of explosives, affecting 400 kilometers per hour, moving forward an inch and a half. This, then, the potential of the device Mistel.

The Ju 88 used for Mistel program their crew compartments had retired at the close then re-installed these in place by quick release. For ferry flights and training, both the top and bottom components were manned. At the last possible moment before an attack, the crew compartment was removed for the last time and the deadly hollow-charge warhead installed instead. This task required mechanical six two gunsmiths, and four tons of crane capacity, and took a day. The process had an air of strength about it, once the head was removed mistletoe equipped fighter pilot was unable to land a combination, if the goal is reached or not, the Ju 88 was sentenced lower component. A series of tests conducted against the cliffs of the Danish island of Moen demonstrated the feasibility of arms.

this what I extracted the waffen arsenal s-27 mistel and also Wydawnictwo militaria the mistel Tbiu 166, like the photos, I had another book that I find that cutting out schematic of the warheads and more detailed explanation of the issue but not where what I have....

pics and draw

18870126.png

View attachment 70873373.bmp

View attachment 14577115.bmp

inally a small table with all mistel existed or would exist if the war does not end

59424296.png

Looking very nice Wayne
Wellcome wayne and terry thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back