**** DONE: 1/48 Nakajima B6N2 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I didn't make it to the HS as my youngest son and his long time girlfriend stopped by to announce their engagement. According to mother superior that means all plans are off and a celebratory dinner is called for. A trip to the freezer and 12 steaks later I have a date with my BBQ in a bit. I did however manage to pluck away a bit more and have attached the latest photos.

The shading has been extended onto the hinomaru, the front end has been glued into place with the prop and spinner slipped on. The tailwheel and the arrestor hook have both been glued into place as well.

I still have to assemble the landing gear and attach the wings. The torpedo was next to be taken care of but it will now have to wait until Tuesday ay the earliest.

Thanks to Wurger for the prop info!

Hope you enjoy the update......

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Looking quite nice Jeff. It seems to me that the decals could have been coaxed into the panel lines a bit more. The ones on the wings look like they did not settle at all. Did you use a decal setting solution?

Should the spinner be black? If so that is an easy fix.

I did use so decal solution but I felt they were a bit thick and they did settle down a bit so I will take what I have.

Thanks guys.

Jeff

I've got a book that shows a lot of aircraft without spinners and spinners of different colors. Unfortunately, it's entirely in Japanese. I don't know anything about Japanese aircraft marking but the is a profile of a B6N2a with the number 210-321 on the tail. The spinner is white or silver. I'm leaning to white. Email sent.

Geo

Thanks George, got it. Close enough in number that white may be the way to go. The instructions tell me that the hub should be the same colour as the propellor but it says, for the prop, "propellor colour".

It does not appear to be silver,grey,white nor black as these all have colour #s attached on the instruction sheet.

In absence of proof positive I may just leave it green. If I do change it, black will be my first choice as it is the easiest to cover the green with.

Cheers,

Jeff

I have seen three variants of the colour of the spinner in pics of the Nakajima B6N2. Here you are ..

Silver with silver prop blades ...

Nakajima B6N2 silver spinner and prop.jpg

Silver ( probably of undersides colour ) with brown prop blades ...

Nakajima B6N2 silver spinner brown prop_1.jpg

Nakajima B6N2 silver spinner brown prop.jpg

Brown with brown prop blades ( in my opinion )...

Nakajima B6N2 brown spinner and prop.jpg

Spinner is normally Silver/natural Metal, Red Brown matching the Prop Blades and sometimes Dark Green.

Also your "Red 18's" should be on the undercarriage covers, sometimes they used the numbers on the side of the cowl in a size about half to one third of that size but normally it would be white on the front bottom of the cowl lip.

Looks pretty good so far!

Okay. Thanks for all the input guys.

I am leaving it green cause sometimes it was.

I will remove the 18s, reposition a white one to the bottom lip and put the red 18s on the gear doors when I get to the undercarriage/landing gear.

Cheers,

Jeff

The outer wings have been attached, the landing gear (undercarriage) has been assembled and installed. Still quite a few tidily bits but it is starting to look like an airplane.

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Cheers,

jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back