**** DONE: 1/48 Nakajima B6N2 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some more progress, this from yesterday afternoon.

Outer wing panels joined together.
IMG_0002.JPG

Torpedo painted
IMG_0004.JPG

Engine cowling and front end fuselage completed short of painting exhausts and collector ring the appropriate colour. This will be touched up later. Used semi gloss ( as I already had it mixed for airbrush) and the shine will be removed with dullcoat at some point nearer completion. Front end dry fitted in last photo, actually the photo was taken on the vertical to keep the front end in place and then rotated 90 degrees.

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Thanks for taking a look.

Cheers,

Jeff

A great deal of progress has been made over the past couple of days. Sadly I neglected to take some pics along the way but with today's photos you can see where I am at currently. This is a dream of a kit to put together and I am looking forward to seeing how she finishes up. Still lots to do but here you go.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Another progress report, this time some decals have been applied. I find it much easier to apply them before final assembly with all the bits and pieces getting in the way. I used the kit decals and they must have loved being on the sheet cause they soaked for a long time before they moved. I really like the way they went on though. I have to weather them a bit so they match the surrounding paint.

A trip to the HS, hopefully this afternoon to pick up some yellow paint for the leading edge of the wing and also some green/blue metallic paints for the wheel wells.

I have also started masking off the canopy in anticipation of a spray.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

Thanks to all who have posted words of encouragement. This build is shaping up to be my best one yet.

Cheers,

Jeff

Looking great methink. :thumbright:
However, if you had applied the weathering of panel lines etc... you should remember about adding the effect to these hinomaru markings as well.

Looking great methink. :thumbright:
However, if you had applied the weathering of panel lines etc... you should remember about adding the effect to these hinomaru markings as well.

Yep, I mentioned that at the end of the first paragraph of the post.

PS. What colour should the prop be. The instructions just say propellor colour. I usually but Tamiya acrylic paints.

Jeff

Depenging of the period of the wartime. As memo serves these props could be of silver ( aluminium ) colour. The red-brown paint ( aka-tsuchi-iro/seki-kashoku ) was started to be used with the beginning of the 1944. The Tamiya paint - XF64 or mix 60%XF10+40%XF64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back