**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D-25 "Coffey's Pot" - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Damn Dave, those parts should have arrived by now. I actually handed the envelope to the postman 3 Fridays ago as he was emptying the box on my street. Glad you were able to find an alternative and finish off this beautiful piece of work.

Thanks a bunch guys. I may hit you all up again when I go to do my Tamiya bubble top since I now don't have magnetos for this kit. Oh well.

Here's a pic I found of a 5th ERS P-47D in flight with a drop tank. You can see the fuel/pressure lines and they appear to go into the keel fairly close together. I don't see any mounting holding the tank to the keel other than the anti sway bars. looks like there is a thrid Vent line? sticking out on the tank as well. Weird.

tonnny10.jpg

Thank all.

I was able begin the process of painting the NMF finish on Coffey's Pot.

I took these pics with my new Iphone and they didn't turn out too bad so I thought I would post them.

First I painted the a/c in Alclad Aluminum. then started to mask off some other areas like the access panels and spray these areas Alclad Duraluminum for some added contrast to the NMF.

Hope you like it thus far.

IMG_1461a700.JPG

IMG_1462a700.JPG

p47a700.jpg

IMG_1463a700.JPG

IMG_1465a700.JPG

IMG_1468a700.JPG

Last edited:
Okay guys,

Here's some more progress shots. i finished the access panels and various highlights on the airframe, completed the engine and the black stripe with chipping on the cowling. Hope you like it.

Cheers for now.

_MG_2276a500best.JPG

_MG_2282a500.JPG

_MG_2285a600.JPG

_MG_2286a600.JPG

_MG_2287a700.JPG

_MG_2289a700.JPG

_MG_2290a700.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back