**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Razorback - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks Fab, glad your back at it :D

Glenn, the gunsight sits to the right of center when mounted where they want you to on the kit. Not sure this is correct. I didn't notice it until I had put my cockpit in the fuselage so it will stay as is regardless on mine. Just a heads up.

Glenn, the gunsight sits to the right of center when mounted where they want you to on the kit. Not sure this is correct. I didn't notice it until I had put my cockpit in the fuselage so it will stay as is regardless on mine. Just a heads up.
I noticed that Aaron and wasn't sure it was right. In all the bubble top Thunderbolts the sight is dead center in the middle, but all the cockpit pics I've seen of the razorback don't show the sight so I'm planning on doing some more searching. My guess is that it should be offset because of the center post in the windscreen of the razorback canopy.

Nice work there Glenn, and yes, the gun sight was offset due to the central frame of the windscreen. Here's a quick screen shot which might help.

Attachments

• Can Jan 294.jpg
    Can Jan 294.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 105
I did a black wash on the gear wells -they still need detail painting- then dry fitted the wings, tail, and cowling. Every thing seemed to fit up real nice.

P4278713.JPG
P4278714.JPG

Last edited:
Everything is fitting up very well, at least as good at the Tamiya P-51D kit or better, and Andy, I have the "M" sitting in my stash and it looks just as nice.

I did a lot of work tonight starting with the engine.

1 The real thing, except the push rods should be painted black
2 The cylinder banks painted aluminum with a black wash and the push rods painted black
3 The only part of the ignition wire harness present in the kit is the ring so I drilled 18 holes for some wire
4 The copper wire glued on. The real thing was brass so I won't paint these.
5 6 Completed engine. 9 pairs of wire, one to the spark plug and one over the top of the cylinder.

7 8 Several day ago glued up the wingsand today I dressed up the joints and added the navigation lights. I filed them to match the shape of the wing tip a little better then sanded and polished them with a nail polishing stick.

eng.jpg
P5118803.JPG
P5118806.JPG
P5128807.JPG
P5128808.JPG
P5128809.JPG
P5128810.JPG
P5128811.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back