**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rochie - could it be a contender for GB#20?
Meatloaf - still a good choice as a heavy hitter though.
Wojtec - thanking you.

Geo - ahh you forget the time difference. Rest assured I did weep into my dinner though.

Does anybody else get paranoid about unintentionally not acknowledging people's posts?
Wish this site was a bit more mobile friendly, it sure would make responding to posts easier.

Cheers Chris

Thanks all.

Sort of update - Just off on a shopping trip to buy a bucket load of Tamiya paints and to enable more progress on this bird. I wish hobbycraft sold Valejo Air. Oh and a set of micro drills as I didn't realise quite how much they would be needed to build this kit.

Cheers Chris

Mid session update. Wheel bays 90% complete awaiting undercarriage installation -

B7BBAA59-3ACB-4F01-BD89-B496A4467A5C-10782-00000B2A9F3CD353.jpg

Thanks Igor.

The motor done and awaiting installation -

0A91BBE9-EC59-4E26-B7D9-20A88A1160CE-10889-00000B345D929030.jpg

Looking great Chris.
Thanks Guy's. I have to make quick build progress to allow time for the multiple attempts at getting the paint right.

Could anybody confirm which Prop is in use please?

Cheers Chris
The Razorbacks used the cuffed Curtiss Electric props, either the thin blade smaller prop or the symmetrical or asymmetrical paddle blade props. They did not use the Hamilton Standard (non cuffed) prop. More than likely it would have been the thin bladed Curtiss but without photo evidence it's hard to say. I believe all these props are included in the kit if I remember right.

Thanks for the help Glenn. There are two different types includes in the kit.
I'm guessing from this side view photograph that it would be a thin blade prop?

9DB39AC5-97B5-4432-B3CD-64955B32D37C-13706-00000E11584BC4BE_zpsefd5dab6.jpg

This and all Photographs taken from littlefriends.co.uk

Thanks Chris

That's a difficult angle but both of the Curtiss paddle blade props flair out some after the cuffs and I don't see that in the pic so I think it's safe to assume it's the Curtiss thin blade prop. And you're right about the blast tubes, only two. Don't remember ever seeing that before.

Looking good there Chris and an interesting scheme.The metal bird with a Malcom hood is a first for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back