**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How 'bout i send you mine and you send yours back when you get it ?

If your willing to wait three months I'm game. I had them put me on there list for one. They are suppose to send me a E-mail as soon as they come in so as soon as I hear from them I will order it. Thank you Wayne. Let me know if you still want to and I'll PM you my address.:thumbleft:

Last edited:
PM sent Wayne and THANK YOU SIR!:notworthy: Got the priming done tonight. I have been through a real bought with my puter over the last six weeks or so and lost a lot of the photos I have taken , well all of them I have taken since Jan. 1st, 2010 are gone. Over 6,600 shots. I'll post shots once I get things set up again.

Can't you get Wayne to paint the canopy before he sends it Aaron!!!!!!!!
m1207.gif

That would be nice.:lol: The sad thing is, I had it all masked and ready to go. Was installing it on the plane and was going to paint it with the plane once I had the minimal filling done around the seams. I just applied the glue in the wrong fashion and messed it up.

Glenn, I used Model Master instant adhesive. Cures in 10-20 seconds, won't attack plastic and dries clear. My dumb ass just got way to much on the edges and it ran all over everywhere and yonder and it STICKS! I tried everything at my disposal to get it off to no avail. being that it was on the inside it made it that much more difficult. Next time, I put it on with a small tooth pick on the fuselage side and do it very carefully.

Last edited:
I have the primer all done and the masking is done. I couldn't figure out how I was going to keep the paint from the inside of the cowl flaps. But I had not installed the cowl and engine assembly yet so I have left it off and fitted it to do the masking and taped up the inside of the cowl from both ends. Now my paint lines will match up the the zinc chromate yellow will remain.I will get the OD green shot tomorrow and get some of the small stuff done to. And the U.S. Postal service has not set any records getting the canopy here yet Wayne, and thank you again sir for sending it. I am getting close. Not sure I will have it done by deadline but won't be far off. :)

I have been off for awhile trying to repair and find lost photos and relearn system. Having to do things differently since the loss of a lot of photos. But here is my progress. Hoping to be finished by deadline but going to push it. Mr. Little has sent another canopy assembly, just waiting for it to get here. The United States Postal Service ain't the quickest but we work with what we got. And thank you again Wayne for the the canopy. Once this dries I will spray the red and get the decals started. I have not permanently attached the engine assembly yet. It is just stuck in place. Easier to do the painting. Please feel free to critique.

Attachments

• 05 25 12_0196 P-47 OT Klibbe resized 20.jpg
    05 25 12_0196 P-47 OT Klibbe resized 20.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 72
  • P-47 D Klibbe resized 20.jpg
    P-47 D Klibbe resized 20.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back