**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you for the support guys, I didn't get a chance to work on it yesterday. Had some other stuff that had to be done and friends stopped by to visit last night until the we hours of the morning. Preparing to paint the red at the moment and get the landing gear assembled.

Good news on the canopy Aaron. Not sure on the red, but it 'sounds' the right shade - need to see a pic of it I think. But, unless any 'nose art' infringes onto the red, if it's the wrong shade, it can always be re-painted later. Shame to miss the deadline just for a paint shade?

Whoopee Aaron, pleased for you mate and earlier than predicvted.

I am using Insignia red 1705 Model Masters. It looks kinda dark. Is this correct or have I screwed up? Could not find the Tamiya to Model master chart so I took a guess.

Not sure either on the red mate but going by the box art and the Model Master colour chart you could be close, though I think the Tamiya is more a fiery red.

Red.jpg

IMHO, reds really changed with weathering so, unless it's a bright blood red, which I would avoid, almost anything would look OK.

Brooks, Glenn's looking for an extension to Sunday. Looks like you could use it too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back