**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Guys, I had forgotten about a prior engagement I had today and was reminded of it at 7:30 this morning. I have been trying for the past 10 years to get to a place called The Channels. It is a rock formation on Clinch Mountain and I was asked to go today. I took almost 100 photos and had a blast but got absolutely nothing done on the Bolt. I will get it done but it won't make the deadline. I'm sorry.

Still Aaron we would like to see the progress. Life goes on.
You're doing a great job on the Bolt.

Guys, I had forgotten about a prior engagement I had today and was reminded of it at 7:30 this morning. I have been trying for the past 10 years to get to a place called The Channels. It is a rock formation on Clinch Mountain and I was asked to go today. I took almost 100 photos and had a blast but got absolutely nothing done on the Bolt. I will get it done but it won't make the deadline. I'm sorry.

You couldn't turn up a chanced like that Aaron and no apology needed. It's a shame you won't make the finish but please, would love to see it finished.

Also want to see these photos you took, so I've got my eye on your thread.

Looks like you had a great day and worth every minute against your chance of missing out on the $10,000 in prizes haned out at these GB's! Like Vic, I look forward to seeing you finish the jug. Just keep this thread going.

You aren't the first, nor the last that has commitments that get in the way.... The planet is still turning, if you hadn't noticed.
It's blokes like Vic and Me who use this hobby to keep our sanity, might be one or two others. Even so I get behind the eight ball as well.
Looking forward to seeing the Bolt finished down the line.

Bill

Too bad you couldn't finish it on time Aaron, but you're better off taking your time. That kit took a lot longer to put on all the final bits than I thought it would and I had a couple of very late nights to make the deadline. I'm surprised I didn't mess it up. Better off taking your time.

Thank you Glenn, I am still going at even at the moment. I cannot believe all of the little stuff. I am about to go crazy. Course,.....there are some who'd say I passed that a loooooong time ago. :lol:

Ok, here is an update. I know. LOOOONGGG overdue. I notice some weird things about this craft when looking at some color photos of the actual plane. So if you see something your not sure of, I'll do my best to explain. Somehow the belly seam has come apart. I will have to see if I can get it glued back together before I start the Future application. I have seen some photos with three drop tanks installed, two 108 gal. tanks on the wings and the 148 gal. slung under the belly. The photos were in the Little Friends 56th photo gallery but didn't see an explaination for this configuration. Anyway, here's what I have so far.

Attachments

• 06 05 12_0378 P-47D Klibbe.jpg
    06 05 12_0378 P-47D Klibbe.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 06 05 12_0377 resized 20 P-47D Klibbe.jpg
    06 05 12_0377 resized 20 P-47D Klibbe.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 06 05 12_0376 resized 20 P-47D Klibbe.jpg
    06 05 12_0376 resized 20 P-47D Klibbe.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 06 05 12_0375 resized 20 P-47D Klibbe.jpg
    06 05 12_0375 resized 20 P-47D Klibbe.jpg