**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just thought, the official name for the red when it was used surrounding the 'star and bar' was 'Insignia Red', as used in other red .. er... insignia. So probably the right shade or near enough.
Although we'd sort of unofficially agreed that there would be no extensions to future GBs, I have no problem with extending it to Sunday. I think that it's logical to have GBs finish on a weekend, rather than mid-week and, as it's only a three day extension, I don't see any major problems.

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll stick with it. If we get an extension I may be able to make it but I got snagged into taking care of a friends dog today. They lost one of their German Shepherds and went down to University of Tennessee to get it. The dog died on the operating table. Long story. I've been up since 2 AM and I'm beat. Was hoping to do like I did yesterday and work on it all afternoon but life got in the way. I will do my best to getterdone by Sunday if they allow a extension.

Ok, here are a couple of shots of what the red looks like. It is a lot brighter in the photos than in person but I think it'll work.

Attachments

• 05 30 12_0328 P-47 D R resized 20.jpg
    05 30 12_0328 P-47 D R resized 20.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 05 30 12_0329 P-47 D resized 20.jpg
    05 30 12_0329 P-47 D resized 20.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 72
Should look fine Brooks. I know that an old bottle of Testors flat red that I have really pops out when I use it and that I need to cut it with a bit of black.

That's lookin pretty snazzy Aaron. That red will change a bit if you apply floor polish to it. Want to see you finish that plane. It's gonna be a great addition to the entries. Soldier on mate.

Thank you Terry, and thank you for thinking of the lost friend. I have become quite close with the two dogs seeing as how I spend as much as three weeks out of the year with them. He will be missed.

Thank you Karl and Wayne. Spent the afternoon working on panel lines. I'm about half done and totally crosseyed. Got the landing gear assembled, hopefully get some shots posted this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back