**** DONE: 1/48 P-51H Mustang - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've been working but haven't posted lately because I've been working on a problem that came up. One of my own making.
I glued on the canopy and was just finishing fairing it in with CA when I realized that I had not installed the control panel or coaming. Doh!
Somehow I managed to pry off the canopy with out damaging it and installed the panel and coaming. Now the canopy would not fit. I cut down the coaming some and filed out the inside of the windscreen also. Not real easy, especially polishing the inside afterword. Wile I was at it I added another radio box and a PE loop antenna I had in the spares box to match pictures of P-51H's I've seen. The canopy was coated again with Future and re-installed

Homer-Simpson-wingnuts-doh.jpg
P3311317.JPG
P4011318.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys :) I'm working nights this week so it gives me a bit of time during the day to get some work done here.

I faired in the canopy (again) and glued on the wings. It looks to be a pretty good fit.

P4021319.JPG

Last edited:
It is a nice canopy set-up, and nice and clear too. Good work Glenn, despite the 'oops moment' !

I like that windscreen detail. The clear part for the Hasegawa one stops at the fuselage joint and it's not a great fit. Tough to fix.
I like the way they did it too. If it can't be made a perfect fit like in the Tamiya Mustangs, this is the way to go. Gives you some working room to blend it in.

That looks great! I glued my Erla canopy on without realizing that I had neglected some parts underneath so I know what that feels like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back