**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Coming along great Paul. Showed the missus the picture of your work area. She wasn't impressed and promptly ran over the vacuum cleaner operating procedures with me.

Geo

All the weathering and tweeking is done, she's ready for a final coat of matt finish.
I didn't use the ICM decals until I had a near disaster with some "don't do this stuff" type decals that I had reconditioned from an old Revell spit kit. The combo of liquid decal film, future and micro set somehow turned to a hard waxy crud, I never had it happen before. So the long black lines are ICM, mostly.
I have never built Spitfires in the same kind of numbers as say, P-40's or Me. 109's, but were I to do another, I would use an ICM kit again. Aside from a few well documented fit problems, it goes together well. The level of detail is wonderful, and for an old "bash it together" kind of guy, I got pretty good results. There is room for improvement, naturally, a second go at one would benefit from the first attempt.
Many thanks to all for the various kinds of help and encouragement!
Next stop, A "Finished" post!

spit-45.jpg

spit-46.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back