**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow that's some cluttered work area Paul, suppose you're going to tell me you have no problem in finding what you want.

I would be chained to the wall and flogged if I left the dining table look like that mate. Or worse yet, made to eat Vegemite!

Now, I would never attempt to sell you on the idea that I know where everything is,... I do, however, know that everything is right where I left it.
The computer is safely kept in the livingroom, I tried to have it on my modeling desk for ease of research but, well,... you know.
Sometime I'll post a picture of the thousand or so Snoopys that my wife has collected. She doesn't say a word about my desk.
Explosions were kind of a family hobby. My brother wanted to be sure it would be in small enough chunks to suit him.
Now for a Spit!
The canopy is painted, but needs a little clean-up as I had some bleed under the tape. Nothing serious. Gunsight and door are installed and the fan is up front just like in the pictures.

spit-41.jpg

spit-42.jpg

Here's the RAF crest over the fin flash. I made four and picked the best two. If I ever try hand painting decals again, I will definitely use flat acrylics. The crest is thin and went on easy, where-as the dragon is thick and went on.
That's it . It's on there.
This is as tight a shot as I could get, it does look right, up close. I will try to rig up a tripod and get something a little clearer for the finish shots.
Still some final tweeking to do,.. gunport patches,... "don't walk here" type stuff. I didn't like how the wind screen sat, so off it came. Need to do some work on the rear view mirror also. I'm using the early style mirror 'cause LZ895 was an early MkIX, and I have a better chance of getting some foil in there for the "mirror".
Thanks for looking!

spit-43.jpg

spit-44.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back