**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX – Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Durn oleo friggin' legs are back on...props are glued on to the back plate, and the 60lb rockets and rails are painted.
It's hard to see, but the rails and the rocket attatchment "grips" are an "aluminimum paint" color, such as the RAF used for crap that I can't think of just now...while the rocket tubes are a light grey.
(The rocket warheads are o.d. green, but you didn't need me to tell you that)

spit-38.jpg

Good stuff Paul. I might have missed a discussion, but in WW2, the RP motors (the 'tube') were normally painted Dark Green, with yellow and red stencil markings.

Looking good Paul, but about that crow bar... :shock: Hope you're alright man!
Why start now?
Seriously, thanks for the good wishes everyone. Still have trouble concentrating and remembering stuff, but as the doc pointed out, it may just be the benifits of many years of recreational abuse of brain cells.
I wish I could find the picture that shows a spit in Italy with this set up; it was not common even among the ground support squadrons. But as I have got the artistic licence thing going on, (and it looks cool!), LZ895 will sport them proudly.

Looks great Paul, the end is near...model progress-wise.

Geo

Edit. Was going through Bill's(N4521U) helo build and came upon this remark from you Paul which in part reads,"I have been told that I have a strange sense of humor, I only hope that it doesn't ever "read" wrong, You may all rest assured that I have the greatest respect for all here.
Even if some of you insist on building these flying crow bars." Premonition, perhaps. :eek:

Geo

Last edited:
Looks great Paul, the end is near...model progress-wise.

Geo

Edit. Was going through Bill's(N4521U) helo build and came upon this remark from you Paul which in part reads,"I have been told that I have a strange sense of humor, I only hope that it doesn't ever "read" wrong, You may all rest assured that I have the greatest respect for all here.
Even if some of you insist on building these flying crow bars." Premonition, perhaps. :eek:

Geo
Could be...

5, 8, 16, 33, 39, and power ball, 6.
O.k, if anyone plays those numbers and wins, I want some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back