**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! I should be on the downhill sweep to the finish line on this one. I've doing lots of little filling and sanding... which takes time cuz I like the Mr Surfacer to fully cured before putting sandpaper to it. But once the front cowl goes on... I'm almost at the painting stage.

Still have not finalized a scheme for this one but all the 152's seem to share similar paint jobs. I may even do Good Ole Green 9 since it is one of the few well-documented H-1's that I can find.

Prepping for the attachment of the front engine cowl ring to the fuselage... added some short pieces of stretched sprue to the back of the open cowl flaps. I had to keep them very short since the space between the cowling and the circular radiator is very tight.
IMG_0853_zpsrexwun7k.jpg

The interior surfaces of the radiator are painted because they can be seen through the cowl opening. But the outer surfaces are going to be covered by the cowl and were left unpainted.
IMG_0854_zpsnntdtn9q.jpg

The radiator is glued on, followed by the cowl ring and open flaps.
IMG_0855_zpsisdznkx8.jpg

The bridge piece between the cowl ring and the top of the fuselage is added... fit is spot on.
IMG_0857_zps96thq4at.jpg

A few more bits and pieces and I think I'll be ready for some paint.

Thanks guys! Rolling ever closer to putting paint on the Tank fighter. First some canopy work. I masked the clear parts manually (ugh) using Tamiya tape.
IMG_0861_zpsv5mnetgw.jpg

A test fit of the clear pieces after the canopies have been masked.
IMG_0862_zpshknica1m.jpg

Before putting on the front windshield, I have to put the instrument panel hood on. But before the hood goes on, I have to finish up the Revi gun sight. I've performed some surgery on the kit gun sight and clipped off the reflector glass and replaced it with piece of clear acetate. The Revi gunsight has two pieces of glass but I am only putting one on because of a lack of room on the kit piece.
IMG_0863_zpsvpl1iv5k.jpg

The gun sight is glued into place into the front of the windshield.
IMG_0864_zpshi9iamko.jpg

The hood is placed onto the cockpit opening, being careful to allow the gun sight to poke through the opening.
IMG_0865_zpsxiy0zewx.jpg

Once the hood is on, I can secure the windscreen and canopy in place.
IMG_0866_zps1bxiire5.jpg

A view of the rudder and tail control surfaces that have been added.
IMG_0867_zps6bub0ych.jpg

Almost ready for paint right? But what scheme? I'm slowly coming to a decision on that.
IMG_0873_zpsjntrezdl.jpg

IMG_0874_zpsfq8tq8hj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back