**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys! I'll be taking a bit of break on both builds soon. I am heading to Kazakhstan/Krygyzstan in one week's time so I may not have much time to spend on modeling this week.

Thanks guys! She's ready for paint but I have yet to make up my mind on the particular aircraft. All signs point to Green 9 but I'm reluctant to lay down any paint till I make up my fickle mind.

Haven't had a look for a bit John but this is very nice, love the spinner and Ta-Ta's are great, but don't mess with my Tu-Tu. Hope you have a good trip. Stay safe my friend.

Still a couple days yet before departure so I finally put some paint on the Tank fighter. The canopy was sprayed with the interior color first and then black. Then the panel lines were traced with diluted black.
IMG_0888_zpsnxo5tvvv.jpg

IMG_0889_zpseadp2kxo.jpg

Topped off the panel shading with fine mottle to give some underlying depth and tonal variation to the camo scheme.
IMG_0890_zps2pzuog0x.jpg

IMG_0891_zpszh1bcp5d.jpg

The bottoms and sides were sprayed with a very diluted coat of RLM 76 to let the preshading peek through. I left some of the underwing panels unpainted as Green 9 has some unpainted metal here.
IMG_0892_zpsp1xynbkc.jpg

It's hard to capture the preshading effects using the point-n-shoot camera under indoor lighting but you can just make it out.
IMG_0893_zpsp8egbctt.jpg

IMG_0894_zpskanh3dkw.jpg

I'm going to let this dry thoroughly before masking off the metal undersurfaces. May or may not get to this step before I leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back