**** DONE: 1/72 Bf-109E Hasegawa - Me/ Fw Group Build. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nxthanos

Senior Airman
Jun 11, 2011
1/72 BF-109E Hasegawa - Me/ Fw Group Build.
Username: Nxthanos
First name: Chris
Category: Beginner
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model Type: Single seat day fighter and fighter bomber
Extras: Techmod Decals 1/72 MESSERSCHMITT Bf-109E-4

Hope that is the correct format !8)

Last edited by a moderator:
First, let's look at the kit and some sprue shots:

initial.jpg

initial1.jpg

initial2.jpg

The kit was factory sealed wheni started and is complete.

the decal sheet is good and includes options for either a barbarrosa fighter bomber or a battle of britain machine flown by galland, i will build Adolph's machine.
initial3.jpg

the first step is to paint the interior and do the cockpit sub asemble, not much to do as its a small kit.
initial4.jpg

initial5.jpg

Next we need to paint lil adolph, the seat of his pants are left unpainted as is his chair so that the glue will adhere properly.

The face was not well defined but i gave him a galland mustache anyways!
initial6.jpg

initial7.jpg

After he dries he will be attached and I can start on teh fuselage, but that is for next time!

Thanks guys.

I origianlly considered a matchbox 1/32 BF 109 but i had started it (built the wings and engine) so i went with one from the 'to do' pile!

Nice start chris, good on ya mate!

(Can I be cheeky and ask if you have plans for the S9 codes..? :oops: )

They go in my spare decal box, to be used perhaps one day in restoring an old kit or on another 109 should it come my way!

Its a tad off topic, but i sometimes do restoration, like this example of a monogram Hurricane;

This was how it was before:
1.jpg

2.jpg

And after restoration (project was done a few months ago)
1.jpg

3.jpg

Today's update;

Little adolph is glued into his pilot's seat and looks pretty good
day1.jpg

next the instrument panel decals are applied, although i care barely see them
day11.jpg

The fuselage is then joined with the panel glued in and set aside to dry
day12.jpg

The propellar is then assembled, the solid nose goes to the spares box and the one with the opening ventalator is used.
day14.jpg

Now that the fuselage has dried a bit, its joined to the wings, and as the photo shows, there are considerable gaps on each side, so its putty time.
day13.jpg

My putty method is to apply cellophane tape on both sides of the area to be puttied to avoid excess putty from damaging the surface area and to aide in sanding as the tape protects the area around the putty from being accidently sanded also.
day15.jpg

The putty must dry and be sanded but that is all for this update!

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy the build. Just be careful, though. The kit decals seem to be pointing towards Galland's aircraft after it was re-deployed to a training squadron (yellow 16) and you'll probably need two 'Mickey Maus'. I built the 1/32 Matchbox 'Galland' recently and had the same problem with the kit decals. I ended up using Techmod Decals. Airframes and Wayne are the ones to listen to, on this one.

Yes, the marking's in the kit reflect a period after Galland stopped flying 5819, it was passed on to the training group Erganzungsgruppe 26 and flown by the Kommandeur Oblt. Hubertus Von Holtey, and therefore carried the double chevrons of a Gruppe kommandeur but retained the JG26 badge and Gallands Victory tally of 82 victories which were in fact a combination of RED and BLACK victory markings. The camouflage had also been completely redone.

Can't have it not be uncle adolph's plane now can we?

OK, I just bought the techmod set gerry sugested, so it will be Galland's battle of Britain figher afterall, with a big yellow nose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back