**** DONE: 1/72 Bf-109E Hasegawa - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Galland colors are actually more interesting, as shown on the techmod sheet.

Don't know how much detail you want to put into this, Chris, but I reckon I went through the same process you're going through, on my build. If you want some accurate answers/references check out my recent build, 'Galland's Bf 109E-4' on page 2 'Start-to-Finish-Builds' threads. I got lots of great help from the Forum members. I'm still awaiting a second set of Techmod decals to make the final corrections to the victory bars on the rudder, so they're not quite accurate yet. Oh, and no Adolf in mine, unfortunately.

Don't know how much detail you want to put into this, Chris, but I reckon I went through the same process you're going through, on my build. If you want some accurate answers/references check out my recent build, 'Galland's Bf 109E-4' on page 2 'Start-to-Finish-Builds' threads. I got lots of great help from the Forum members. I'm still awaiting a second set of Techmod decals to make the final corrections to the victory bars on the rudder, so they're not quite accurate yet. Oh, and no Adolf in mine, unfortunately.
I'm not overly concerned with making it 100% true to life, for one i can't see that kind of detail (bad eyes you know) on a 1/72 scale kit.

Since i already picked the open spinner it has to be a earlier galland machine since his later ones had the cap.

if the kill marks are a tad off or the colors are not 100% right i won't worry about it, as long as it looks good and isn't too inaccurate I'm satisfied!

Still waiting.

And i asked the guy to send them quickly, which appears to have not been noticed.

OK, they arrieved so I'm back in business.

today's update;

The putty is sanded and the gaps in the wings are sealed.

day2.jpg

day21.jpg

day22.jpg

Next, let's look at the techmod decals, not bad
day23.jpg

As is common with techmod, the color guide has the wrong colors in the illustrations, but the correct ones are listed in the text
day24.jpg

the tailplanes are added and their struts
day25.jpg

The plane is preped to be airbrushed lt blue
day26.jpg

unfortunetly my airbrush stopped working and needs to be replaced, something i can't afford just now, so brush painting will have to do.
day27.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back