**** DONE: 1/72 BR20/M "Cicogna" - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great! Interesting how much space is left between the engine and cowling.

Looks great! Interesting how much space is left between the engine and cowling.

That could be maybe to the length of the manufactures crankcase which may be a figment of of an imagination :) Too be honest it looks like no crankcase I have ever seen? ;)

That could be maybe to the length of the manufactures crankcase which may be a figment of of an imagination :) Too be honest it looks like no crankcase I have ever seen? ;)

I was thinking maybe the aircraft ended up using engines that were smaller than originally designed?

John I took your advice and was able to break them loose and moved them forward and will sand the crankcase down to a more acceptable scale keeping the propeller to what I think looks like a scale foot or less ;)

The first pick is what John eluded to now somewhat rectified.I moved the engines forward and started rounding the crankcase whilst making it shorter.The second pic shows the PE belts added to the pit I P/U yesterday at the LHS and the last pic shows the progress thus far still some filling mainly SG gel around all the wing,tail and rudder struts.Yep I am moving fast for tomorrow my HK 1/32 B-25 arrives and does IT make it into this GB?I have for decals MMR of the the MTO theater of operations will have to see :dontknow:

The engine on the right is untouched in that pic.

Attachments

• BR20 012 (900 x 675).jpg
    BR20 012 (900 x 675).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 85
  • BR20 013 (900 x 675).jpg
    BR20 013 (900 x 675).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 95
  • BR20 014 (900 x 675).jpg
    BR20 014 (900 x 675).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 100
It was just an observation since I don't know anything about this aircraft but it does look better! Interesting tail configuration on this plane!

It was just an observation since I don't know anything about this aircraft but it does look better! Interesting tail configuration on this plane!

It's part of the cool factor ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back